Tuesday, April 22, 2008

the winner is... TOGO


Well, after months of waiting, I finally got my Peace Corps assignment! Beginning in June, I will be heading to Togo in West Africa to serve in the Community Health and HIV/AIDS Prevention (CHAP) program. The CHAP program began in June 1995 with the intention of promoting community health on a national level. The program currently emphasizes Family Planning promotion and the fight against HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted infections (STIs), Malaria, and Malnutrition.
To better keep in touch with all of my family and friends at home, I have created this blog so that everyone can have access to information and updates I post during my 27 months of service; my service will extend from June, 2008 through August, 2010. I'm not sure how frequently I'll have access to internet once I arrive in Togo, so I would encourage all my readers to take a look at the links I've posted as additional resources for learning a little bit more about Togo and what the Peace Corps is all about.
Thanks to all my family and friends for your love and support during this exciting transition!

5 comments:

Nikhil said...

Hey!

I'm also going to be a CHAP volunteer with you this June! Congrats on accepting your invitation and see you at orientation (most likely Philly from what I heard).

ciao,
-Nikhil

P.S. I added your blog to my blog, hope you don't mind :)

Taressa said...

Hi!

I'm in the CHAP program too! See you soon!

Taressa

Brittany said...

I'll be with you this June, too! See you in Philly! Anxious to meet you!
Have fun in your last month at home!
-Brittany
btouchon@gmail.com

Barbara said...

Way to go Kristina. Have a great adventure and remember we love you.

Barbara

Julie said...

What a great group picture! Looking forward to hearing more once you arrive.

"Julie"