Friday, May 7, 2010

COS Conference

These are the last ever pictures of my Peace Corps stage group. Starting at the end of May, people will be going home one by one! We just came back from our Close Service (COS) Conference for which, as a congratulatory gesture, Peace Corps put us up in a nice hotel with hot showers and good food. We got information about all the official paperwork we need to fill out and finish before we can leave and officially become RPCVs (Return Peace Corps Volunteers). They also gave us useful information about how to reintegrate back into American culture again, and we got our official COS dates (in other words, the day we're each going home)! I am leaving Togo July 22nd. I will see you all July 23rd! Can't wait.

me and Emily

Receiving my certificate for having completed 2 years of Peace Corps service from the Ambassador

Above: The remaining members of my stage, including both Community Health volunteers and Small Enterprise Development volunteers. We came in with 31 people. We lost a good third since then.

Below: The Community Health and AIDS Prevention volunteers (CHAP)

I can't believe we made it!

2 comments:

wes said...

As always, a fascinating account of your life and work, Kristina (I just read your two last blogs). I never tire of seeing your pictures, but I also can't wait to see you back in the States. Glad you were able to enjoy some American cuisine in Burkina. Don't forget, though, how you will be longing for beans, rice, and moringa leaves once you're back here and can have hamburgers whenever you want.
Love,
Dad

Unknown said...

I loved your map of the world project. It requires a lot of planning and patience to do such a project and it's obvious you succeeded.

We're doing well. Grandpa has had surgery on his right eye and it has been successful. On the 21st he'll have the second surgery and hope for similar results.

Your dad is coming for a few days next week. Keep in touch. We'll be eager to see you again. Love from Grandma.